The first step towards net zero emissions is to estimate current energy usage.
- Riverford organic gift box worth £50
- Samsung Galaxy tablet from Mole Energy
- £30 gift vouchers for Almond Thief bakery and cafe
Many thanks indeed to our donors for their generosity.
Draw at the Staverton Breakfast Market on Sat 18th April.
The more households that submit data, the more accurate the graph will be. No individual data is shared.
Year-by-year Actual vs Target Graphs
More about the Energy Audit
- Staverton Parish Council has declared a climate emergency targeting Net Zero emissions by 2030.
- We are starting with domestic electricity and heating as these are two very significant sources of emissions. They are also areas where it’s difficult finding good information on how to go green. The extent to which our group may be able to contribute to tackling other areas of emissions such as transport is still to be discussed.
- The more households that participate, the better our data, and the more credibility we’ll have in pushing for financial support for people wanting to try and shift away from fossil fuels.
- We will ask you to update your data each year to help highlight whether we’re on track. If we’re falling behind, we can flag it up to SHDC, DCC, and our MP, which will reinforce our calls for more funding.
What is the Climate Action Group?
- Set up by Staverton Parish Council, this is a group of volunteers who want to help do something to reduce our emissions.
- We meet monthly. More people are joining all the time. There’s no commitment to do any more than come, and no expectation to come every month.
- Some people get involved in specific sub-groups like the Trees group. Others just come to speak or listen at the monthly meetings. The more the merrier :).
Next meeting Mon 30 Mar 7pm at Live & Let Live Inn.
What is Net Zero Carbon
- This means when all of the emissions from human activity are nil. The “net” bit means we can deduct anything that saves or absorbs carbon. That means we will deduct power generated within the parish (eg solar power), and estimate carbon absorption from planting trees etc.