Job Opportunity – Advice Session Supervisor, Citizens Advice South Hams
Citizens Advice has been solving life’s problems for over 80 years, supporting local communities with expert free, independent, confidential and impartial advice. At Citizens Advice South Hams 2021 is our year of renewal following Covid-19. Demand for our services is increasing, as is our team of staff and volunteers.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Advice Session Supervisor to join our small, friendly, and supportive team in managing the advice sessions, supporting and supervising paid and volunteer advisers, and ensuring our advice is delivered at the highest quality across all our channels.
The job includes:
· Managing the practicalities of the advice session and ensuring adequate staffing and resources.
· Monitoring the quality of advice work in accordance with Quality of Advice Audit (QAA)
· Monitoring case records, telephone calls, emails, and webchats of staff and/or volunteers to meet the stipulated standard and service level agreements.
· Identifying and actioning remedial and developmental issues by providing feedback and developing individuals to improve the quality of service.
In addition, you will have:
· Commitment to, and ability to work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service.
· Recent experience of welfare or related advice work in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
· Proven ability to manage /supervise others, including an ability to motivate staff and volunteers and give feedback objectively and sensitively through regular appraisal activity.
To be successful, we would like you to demonstrate excellent people skills, a flexible approach, an interest in problem solving and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to manage a busy workload. Whilst experience delivering advice in a Citizens Advice environment is preferred, we welcome diversity both in our people and our thinking, we welcome applications from all advice settings from those who desire to serve their community and want to make a difference.
This role will cover two days a week, working from the Citizens Advice South Hams office in Totnes. We offer a range of employee benefits, pension contributions, training and free parking, plus opportunities to continue your professional development.
Please visit our website to see the full job description and download the application form. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th May.